Objectives: By the end of this course, a successful student will:
- Achieve a working knowledge of how to analyze data where traditional assumptions may not be true.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses present in various sampling strategies.
- Demonstrate a moderate level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel and either/both SPSS and MINITAB.
- Understand difficulties inherent in real world data collection.
- Use the techniques learned on a major project involving a real world phenomenon of interest to the campus community.
- Work successfully in an unstructured team setting solving unforeseen problems as they arise
The syllabus and other materials can be found here: